Salam pembaca yang budiman! Apakah Anda salah satu pengguna Mac yang frustasi karena bing adalah mesin pencari default di Safari? Anda tidak sendirian! Walau bing bukanlah mesin pencari yang buruk, tidak jarang kita ingin menggunakan mesin pencari lain seperti google yang lebih kita percayai. Well, good news! Changing the default search engine is actually pretty easy. In this article, we will guide you step-by-step on how to change bing to google on mac.
Step 1: Open Safari Preferences
The first step to change bing to google on mac is by opening Safari’s preferences. To do this, go to Safari on the top of your screen, click on it and select preferences or simply press Command ‘,’ on your keyboard.
Step 2: Select Search Tab
After opening preferences, select the ‘Search’ tab. This will allow you to change the default search engine.
Step 3: Choose Google
In the ‘Search’ tab, you will see different search engines. From the drop-down menu, choose Google.
Step 4: Make sure ‘Include search engine suggestions’ is checked
This is an important step as it allows Safari to provide suggestions as you type on Google’s search box.
Step 5: Close preferences
After changing the default search engine to Google, close the preferences.
Step 6: Test the new search engine
Now, test the new search engine by typing any topic on the Safari search box. It should show results from Google instead of bing.
Step 7: Clear Browsing History
Clear your browsing history by going to Safari, select Clear History and choose ‘All History’. This ensures that the default search engine is Google.
Step 8: Set Google as default search engine on the address bar
To set Google as the default search engine when you type on the address bar, type ‘google.com’ followed by your search term. Press ‘Return’ on your keyboard.
Step 9: Add Google to the Favorites Bar
To make it easier, add Google to the favorites bar. From the menu select ‘Bookmarks’ and click on ‘Add Bookmark’.
Step 10: Home Button
If you want to go back to the Google homepage, set it as your homepage. Go to preferences and set ‘New windows open with’ and ‘New tabs open with’ to ‘Homepage’. Type google.com.
Step 11: Add Google Extension
To make it easier to search on mac, you can add the Google extension. Go to Google homepage and click on settings.
Step 12: Install Google Extension
Install the Google extension by following the prompts.
What happens behind the scenes when you change default search engine?
When you change your default search engine, Safari stores the change in a plist file. When Safari starts up, it reads the file and sets the default search engine to the one in the plist file.
How to change Google’s country-specific search?
If you wish to change Google’s country-specific search, go to Google homepage and select ‘Settings’. Under ‘Search Settings’, select ‘Region Settings’ and choose your desired country.
How to search in other languages?
If you want to search in other languages, choose the language from the drop-down menu.
Tips and Tricks
Tip 1: Use keywords when searching
Using keywords is a powerful tool to find exactly what you’re looking for. Use quotes to search for an exact phrase.
Tip 2: Learn keyboard shortcuts
Learning keyboard shortcuts can save time. For example, use ‘Command + t’ to open a new tab and ‘Command + l’ to move the cursor to the address bar.
Tip 3: Use Google’s advanced search
Google’s advanced search tool gives you more control over search results. Use the tool to find webpages with specific words, exact phrases or with a specific domain.
Tip 4: Use filters
Filters narrow your search by language, region, date, and other factors. You can find the filters under ‘Tools’.
Tip 5: Use voice search
Voice search is an easy way to search hands-free. Just click on the microphone icon and say your search term.
Tip 6: Use Google Maps
Google Maps is a powerful tool to find locations. Use it to find store opening hours, reviews, and directions.
Tip 7: Use Google Image search
Google Image search makes finding images easier. Use the tool to find images similar to the one you’re looking for.
Tip 8: Use Google Scholar
Google Scholar is a useful tool for academic research. Use it to find academic articles and papers.
Tip 9: Use Google Translate
Google Translate makes it easy to translate texts from one language to another.
Tip 10: Use Google Alerts
Use Google Alerts to stay informed about topics you’re interested in. Get an email notification whenever a new article, blog post or web page matches your search term.
That’s it! Now that you’ve learned how to change bing to Google on Mac, you can search like a pro. Practice using the tips and tricks and you will be amazed at the results you’ll get. Happy searching!
Advantages and Disadvantages
1. Enhanced Online Privacy – By switching from Bing to Google on your Mac, you can enjoy increased privacy and security. Google has better security features and privacy options compared to Bing.
2. Better Search Results – Google uses advanced algorithms and artificial intelligence to provide users with the most relevant and accurate search results. This means that you are more likely to find what you are looking for when you use Google.
3. Integration with Other Google Services – If you are already using other Google services, such as Gmail and Google Drive, it makes sense to switch your search engine to Google. This will allow you to access all your favourite Google services from one platform.
4. Larger Index – Google has a larger index of web pages compared to Bing. This means that you have access to more information and resources when you use Google for search.
5. Customizability – Unlike Bing, Google allows you to customize your search settings. You can filter your search results to show only the type of content you are interested in, such as images or videos.
6. Better User Experience – Google’s simple and intuitive interface makes it easier for users to find what they are looking for. The site’s clean design and easy-to-use search tools make it an ideal choice for beginners and experienced users alike.
7. Regular Updates – Google’s search algorithms are constantly updated to provide users with the most accurate and relevant search results. This means that your search experience will continue to improve over time.
8. Access to Google’s Knowledge Graph – Google’s knowledge graph provides users with quick access to information about people, places and things. This feature is unique to Google and can be a valuable resource for students, researchers and information seekers.
9. Support for Multiple Languages – Google supports more languages and character sets compared to Bing. This makes it a good choice for international users who need to conduct searches in multiple languages.
10. Improved Local Search – Google uses advanced location-based technology to provide users with accurate local search results. This means that you can easily find businesses, restaurants and other local attractions when you use Google Maps and other Google services.
1. Google’s Data Collection Practices – Google collects user data to improve its services and provide relevant advertising. This has raised concerns about privacy and data security among some users.
2. Advertisements – Google displays advertisements alongside search results, which can be distracting and annoying for some users.
3. Limited Customization Options – While Google does allow for some customization, it doesn’t provide the same level of control over search settings that Bing does. This may be frustrating for power users who want more control over their search experience.
4. Limited Search Options – Google’s algorithms are designed to show users the most relevant results, which means that some niche search queries may not return as many results as other search engines.
5. Lack of Transparency – Google’s search algorithm is proprietary, which means that users have limited visibility into how search results are generated.
6. Monopoly Concerns – Google’s dominance in the search engine market has raised concerns about anti-competitive behaviour and monopolistic practices.
7. Limited Support for Older Devices – Google’s services may not run smoothly on older Macs and other devices, which can be a problem for users with older hardware.
8. Quality of Results – While Google’s algorithms are designed to provide the most relevant results, the quality of those results can vary depending on the search query and other factors.
9. Limited Customer Support – Google’s customer support is limited compared to other search engines, which can be a problem for users who need help with their accounts or search settings.
10. Requires a Google Account – To access all of Google’s services and features, users need to sign up for a Google account. Some users may be reluctant to create a new account and share their personal information with Google.
1. Why should I change Bing to Google on my Mac?
Many people prefer to use Google as their default search engine because it provides more accurate and relevant results compared to Bing. Additionally, Google is more customizable and offers more advanced search options.
2. How can I change Bing to Google on my Mac?
To change your default search engine on Mac, go to Safari > Preferences > Search. From the drop-down menu, select Google as your default search engine.
3. Can I change my default search engine to something other than Google or Bing?
Yes, depending on your browser, you can choose from a variety of search engines, including Yahoo, DuckDuckGo, and more. Follow the same steps as changing from Bing to Google, but select your preferred search engine from the drop-down menu.
4. Will changing my default search engine affect my browser settings?
No, changing your default search engine will only affect your search engine preferences. Your browser settings, bookmarks, and homepage will not be affected.
5. Can I use keyboard shortcuts to search with my new default search engine?
Yes, once you’ve changed your default search engine, you can use the same keyboard shortcuts to search with it. For example, in Safari, you can press Command + Space to open Spotlight search and use your default search engine.
6. Can I change the search engine on my iPhone or iPad?
Yes, you can change the default search engine on your iOS devices as well. Go to Settings > Safari > Search Engine and select your preferred search engine.
7. Does changing my default search engine affect my privacy?
No, changing your default search engine does not affect your privacy. However, some search engines may collect your data for targeted advertising purposes, so it’s important to do your research and choose a search engine that aligns with your privacy preferences.
8. Can I revert back to Bing as my default search engine in the future?
Yes, you can always switch back to your old default search engine by following the same steps and selecting your desired search engine from the drop-down menu.
9. Will changing my default search engine affect the search results I receive?
Yes, changing your search engine can affect the search results you receive. Google and Bing use different algorithms and prioritize different types of content, so it’s possible that you may see different results depending on the search engine you use.
10. Can I set Google as my homepage on Mac?
Yes, you can set Google as your homepage on Mac by going to Safari > Preferences > General and entering “https://www.google.com/” into the Homepage field.
11. Can I change the search engine on my other browsers?
Yes, you can change the default search engine on most major browsers, including Chrome, Firefox, and Opera. Follow the same steps as changing your search engine on Safari.
12. What other search engines can I use besides Bing and Google?
There are many search engines available, including Yahoo, DuckDuckGo, Ask Jeeves, and more. Do some research to find one that aligns with your preferences and needs.
13. Are there any drawbacks to using Google as my default search engine?
Some people may argue that Google’s data collection practices and targeted advertising can be a drawback from a privacy standpoint. However, Google is one of the most widely used and respected search engines, so the benefits often outweigh the drawbacks.
In conclusion, changing your search engine from Bing to Google on a Mac device is a simple process that can be completed in a few easy steps. Whether you’re doing this for personal preferences or work-related needs, switching to Google can provide you with better search results and an overall improved user experience. By following the steps outlined in this article, you’ll be able to make the switch in no time and enjoy all the benefits that come with it.
Thank you for taking the time to read this article and learn how to change Bing to Google on your Mac device. We hope that the information provided has been helpful and informative. Remember, switching to Google can enhance your search experience and provide you with more accurate and relevant results. So, if you’re ready to make the switch, follow the steps outlined and enjoy all the benefits that come with it. Farewell and happy searching!