Apple Music is one of the most popular music streaming platforms available today. It offers a vast library of songs, playlists, and radio stations that you can enjoy on your Mac. However, before you can access all the features of Apple Music on your Mac, you need to authorize it first.
In this article, we’ll guide you through the steps on how to authorize Apple Music on your Mac. We’ll also provide tips and tricks that will help you get the most out of your Apple Music subscription.
Step 1: Open the Music App on your Mac
The first step is to open the Music app on your Mac. You can do this by clicking on the Music icon in your Dock or by searching for it in Spotlight.
Step 2: Sign in to Apple Music
If you’re not signed in to Apple Music, you’ll be prompted to do so when you open the Music app. Enter your Apple ID and password to sign in.
Step 3: Click on “Account” in the Menu Bar
Once you’re signed in to Apple Music, click on “Account” in the Menu Bar at the top of your screen.
Step 4: Click on “Authorizations”
From the drop-down menu, click on “Authorizations.”
Step 5: Click on “Authorize This Computer”
In the “Authorizations” window, click on “Authorize This Computer.”
Step 6: Enter Your Apple ID and Password
You’ll need to enter your Apple ID and password again to authorize your Mac.
Step 7: Wait for Authorization to Complete
The authorization process may take a few minutes. You’ll see a message letting you know when it’s complete.
Step 8: Check Your Authorized Devices
To view the list of devices authorized to use your Apple Music account, click on “Account” in the Menu Bar and select “View My Account.” From there, click on “View Account” under the “Apple ID Summary” section.
Step 9: Sync Your Music Library
If you have a music library on your Mac, you’ll need to sync it with Apple Music. To do this, click on “Music” in the Menu Bar and select “Preferences.” From there, click on “Files” and select “Import Settings.” Choose the import settings you want and click “OK.” Then, click on “File” and select “Library” followed by “Update iCloud Music Library.”
Step 10: Start Listening to Music
Once your library is synced, you can start listening to music on your Mac using Apple Music. Browse the vast selection of songs, playlists, and radio stations or create your own.
Step 11: Manage Your Subscription
If you need to manage your Apple Music subscription, you can do so by clicking on “Account” in the Menu Bar and selecting “View My Account.” From there, click on “Manage” next to “Subscriptions.”
Step 12: Deauthorize Your Mac
If you need to deauthorize your Mac, you can do so by clicking on “Account” in the Menu Bar and selecting “Authorizations” followed by “Deauthorize This Computer.”
When you authorize your Mac for Apple Music, you’re giving it permission to access your account and play music from the library. This is important if you want to use Apple Music on your Mac and sync your music library. Once your Mac is authorized, you can start listening to music, creating playlists, and enjoying all the other features of Apple Music.
However, keep in mind that you can only have a maximum of five authorized computers associated with your Apple ID at a time. If you hit this limit, you’ll need to deauthorize one of your devices before you can authorize a new one.
Tips & Tricks
1. Make use of Siri
Siri can help you discover new music, queue up songs, and even control playback. Just say “Hey Siri” followed by a command to get started.
2. Create playlists for different moods
Use Apple Music’s extensive library to create playlists for different moods, occasions, or activities. This makes it easy to find the right music for any situation.
3. Try out radio stations
Apple Music offers a wide variety of radio stations that cater to different genres and moods. Explore them to discover new music and expand your horizons.
4. Share playlists with friends
Sharing playlists with friends is a great way to discover new music and introduce them to your favorite artists.
5. Listen offline
You can download songs, playlists, and albums to your Mac for offline listening. This is useful when you’re on the go and don’t have access to Wi-Fi.
6. Explore Apple Music exclusives
Apple Music offers a variety of exclusives that you won’t find on other platforms. This includes album releases, documentaries, interviews, and more.
7. Use the Apple Music app on your iPhone or iPad
The Apple Music app on your iPhone or iPad can sync with your Mac, making it easy to access your music on the go.
8. Check out “For You” recommendations
Apple Music’s “For You” section offers personalized music recommendations based on your listening habits. This is a great way to discover new music tailored to your taste.
9. Use the search bar
The search bar in Apple Music can help you find specific songs, albums, or artists quickly and easily.
10. Keep your library organized
Make sure to keep your music library organized by creating playlists, adding tags, and keeping track of your favorite artists and albums. This will make it easier to find what you’re looking for and discover new music that you’ll love.
In conclusion, authorizing Apple Music on your Mac is a straightforward process that allows you to access the platform’s vast library of songs, playlists, and radio stations. By following the steps outlined in this guide and using the tips and tricks we’ve provided, you can get the most out of your Apple Music subscription and enjoy your favorite songs and artists wherever you go.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Authorizing Apple Music on Mac
1. Easy Access: After authorizing Apple Music on a Mac, users can easily access their music library and playlists.
2. Syncing: The authorized Mac can sync music across all user devices, including iPhones, iPads, and other Macs.
3. Customization: Users can customize their playlists and add new songs, which will automatically update across all devices when synced.
4. Exclusive Content: Apple offers exclusive content, such as albums, videos and concert footage, to its Apple Music subscribers.
5. Multiple User Accounts: Macs allow for multiple user accounts, so family members or colleagues can share the authorized Apple Music access.
6. No Ads: Apple Music subscribers can stream music without any annoying ads or interruptions.
7. Accessibility: Apple Music can be accessed from any device with an internet connection, no matter where the user is.
8. Offline Playback: Users can download content to their devices for offline playback without internet connection, which is especially helpful during travel.
9. Compatibility: Apple Music is compatible with all Apple devices and can be accessed via the iTunes app or the Music app on Macs.
10. Free Trial: Apple Music offers a free trial to new subscribers, allowing them to try out the service before committing to a subscription.
1. Cost: A subscription to Apple Music can be costly, especially for families with multiple users.
2. Network Connection: Streaming music requires an internet connection, which may not be available in all locations.
3. Storage Space: The music library can take up substantial storage space on the authorized device, which may be limited.
4. Music Library: The music library on Apple Music may not be as diverse or extensive as other music streaming services.
5. Larger iTunes Library: Users may need to upgrade their iCloud storage plan in order to authorize larger iTunes libraries on their Mac.
6. Limited Offline Downloads: The number of tracks that users can download for offline playback may be limited depending on their subscription plan.
7. High Quality Audio: High quality audio is only available for users with subscriptions to Apple Music’s “Lossless” and “Hi-Res Lossless” plans for an additional cost.
8. Content Availability: Some music may not be available on Apple Music due to licensing restrictions or disputes with record labels.
9. DRM Restrictions: Apple Music tracks are protected by digital rights management (DRM), which limits the user’s ability to share or transfer the tracks.
10. Privacy Concerns: Users may have concerns about the privacy of their personal information and music preferences with Apple Music.
1. What is Apple Music?
Apple Music is a streaming service that offers access to millions of songs, curated playlists, and live radio stations.
2. Do I need an Apple Music subscription?
Yes, in order to access the full features of Apple Music, you will need to subscribe to the service.
3. Can I authorize Apple Music on my Mac?
Yes, you can authorize Apple Music on your Mac by signing in with your Apple ID and entering your payment information.
4. How do I sign up for Apple Music?
You can sign up for Apple Music by opening the Music app on your Mac and clicking on the “For You” tab. From there, you can choose to start a 3-month free trial or subscribe immediately.
5. How much does Apple Music cost?
Apple Music costs $9.99 per month for an individual subscription and $14.99 per month for a family subscription.
6. How many devices can I use Apple Music on?
You can use Apple Music on up to 10 devices with the same Apple ID, as long as you are signed in.
7. What is the difference between Apple Music and iTunes?
Apple Music is a streaming service that allows you to access millions of songs, while iTunes is a media player that allows you to purchase and download music and other media.
8. Can I download songs from Apple Music onto my Mac?
Yes, you can download songs from Apple Music onto your Mac for offline listening.
9. How do I authorize Apple Music on my Mac if I already have an Apple Music subscription?
If you already have a subscription, simply sign in with your Apple ID on your Mac and your subscription will be automatically authorized.
10. Can I access Apple Music on other platforms?
Yes, Apple Music is available on iOS, Android, Windows, and other platforms.
11. Can I share my Apple Music subscription with friends or family?
Yes, with a family subscription, you can share Apple Music with up to 6 family members.
12. What happens if I cancel my Apple Music subscription?
If you cancel your subscription, you will lose access to all of the features of Apple Music, including streaming and offline listening.
13. Can I try Apple Music for free?
Yes, Apple Music offers a 3-month free trial for new subscribers.
How to Authorize Apple Music on Mac
Apple Music is a great way to enjoy unlimited music on your Mac device. However, before you start enjoying your favorite songs and albums, you need to authorize Apple Music on your Mac. This article will guide you through the steps on how to authorize Apple Music on your Mac device.
Conclusion and Closing
Now that you have learned how to authorize Apple Music on your Mac, you can start enjoying unlimited music on your device. Remember, it is important to authorize your device before using the service, as this is required by Apple Music. With these easy steps, you can now listen to your favorite songs and playlists with ease.
We hope that this article has been helpful to you. If you encounter any issues along the way, feel free to consult Apple’s support page for more information. Thank you for reading, and happy listening!
Until next time.